Friday, June 13, 2008

Crispy Crunchy Things

I've been traveling by car a lot this week, so road snacks are top of mind. One thing I'm definitely going to seek out locally are these fish skin snacks. And I'm a lover of pork rinds, so I was surprised when I saw next to them fried chicken skins. It was 9 in the morning, so I couldn't bring myself to buy them, but I'm going to pick up a bag over the weekend. Hopefully, I can locate the fish skins and do a taste test of sorts. One brand got a bad review here, but we'll see.

Growing up, I had access to fresh honey two doors down from my grandparents. And every jar we got had a piece of honeycomb in it. I loved to eat it, but I haven't seen it in years. So, I was excited to find jars of honey with the honeycomb at a local farmer's market. It's sweet and kind of crispy and crunchy at the same time. Some people complain about waxiness, but it's never bothered me. Most of the wax should have been removed by the beekeeper. It's great just slathered on some good bread and also as an accompaniment to cheese. Honeycomb as art here.

No comments: