Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Photography Finds

I saw a documentary on Henri Cartier-Bresson recently, and it reinvigorated my love of photography. I've also been researching photographers for work lately, and have come across some really great and interesting work. Some of it is fine art and some commercial, but the line is blurry anyway. First up is Guido Mocafico, and one of his projects is photographing still lifes in the manner of old master painting. They're dark and lush, and this aesthetic carries over into his other series on serpents and jellyfish.

Next is Bela Borsodi who tends to blur the line between 2-D and 3-D. I like that none of his commercial work feels like I've seen it before. That can be rare these days.

Last is Jason Tozer. I find it refreshing in the Photoshop/digital age when something that looks complex to produce is formed by really simple means. I'm not saying easy, just simple.

No comments: